One-ingredient banana ice cream (vegan) – banana ice cream recipe, vegan banana ice cream, chocolate banana ice cream, banana ice cream healthy, banana vanilla ice cream, best banana ice cream, banana ice cream recipe without ice cream maker, eggless banana ice cream recipe
One-ingredient banana ice cream (vegan)
|One-ingredient banana ice cream (vegan)
What you need?
- Some very ripe bananas (the riper the banana, the less there is that bitter aftertaste that frozen bananas can have)
- A knife
- A freezer box or something similar for freezing
- A hand blender
Easy as pie
Actually much easier than pie.
- Peel and slice the bananas.
- Put the slices in a box for freezing, but try to spread them in there so that they are not too stuck together. Otherwise it’s harder to separate them after freezing.
- Freeze the slices.
- Take them out of the freezer and put in a bowl or beaker. Blend until they are smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately, or store in the freezer. When served immediately, the texture is creamy and soft; after keeping in the freezer for some time it starts to resemble the texture of conventional ice cream more. It does not turn rock hard, though, so don’t worry about freezing for too long.
Hand blender, food processor or blender?
I think hand blender is the best choice because it makes the result soft and creamy. My result with a food processor was kind of grainy, and in the blender the slices just got stuck and I couldn’t make it happen at all. But as all the food processors and blenders are a bit different, you might have better luck with your appliance at hand. I urge you to experiment, if you don’t have a hand blender.
And it gets even better
Actually I like it even more with some added cocoa powder. Like chocolate ice cream, I tell you. I didn’t include cocoa powder in the recipe above just to be able to say that it’s a one-ingredient-recipe. Sneaky me.
Next time I’ll try adding some raisins too to make it more like our favourite store-bought ice cream – Marine Ices Dairy Rum ‘n’ Raisin.
For this you’ll have to come to London because it’s made by a small 80-year old Italian family business based here. They don’t sell it in very many places, but fortunately our local Crouch End Budgens knows what is good.
Perfect for children
Although there is no danger of the homemade banana ice cream taking the place of Marine Ices Dairy Rum ‘n’ Raisin as our favourite, it’s definitely a welcomed healthy alternative. And just a perfect solution for parents who want to make their little ones happy but keep them away from too much sugar.
Unfortunately it’s not my own invention. I have no one source to give you because I got the idea through Pinterest and looked at many similar recipes that have been popping up there lately like mushrooms after rain.
Segera hubungi kami melalui WhatsApp untuk informasi lebih lanjut dan jadilah bagian dari komunitas eksklusif kami. Jadikan impian hunian sempurna Anda menjadi kenyataan sekarang!